Saturday, July 30, 2011

Card & A Half #3 - Sketch Challenge

Hello my lovely Blog Readers!

I hope you are all having a lovely weekend at the moment! I am having some kid free time whilst they are all out woodcutting - so I am trying to make the most of cleaning and crafting at the same time. It is not working very well - but I am sure you would all understand that crafting is way more fun and relaxing than cleaning!

Anyway, I have finally managed to make a card for the Card and A Half #3 - Sketch Challenge.
This was the sketch to go from......


and this is what I came up with.....


I am actually really happy with how this card turned out despite it taking me a couple of days to finish it. I still can't believe that I haven't used any ink or stamps on this one. Yikes! A first for me! I have used a bit of everything that was within the reach of my craft desk though! I also used the Once Upon a Princess Cricut Cart for the label and the bird and lace pieces were given to me by my good pal Annmaree who I think cut them from the Martha Stewart Elegant Cake Art Cart!

 This one has been earmarked for one of hubbies elderly relatives.

Cheers!
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Looks great Kel!

    I'm SO glad you finally used something out of your 'precious' box!

    love the tree paper and the bird cut, and pun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, the flowers and buttons look really pretty and the little bird really pops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card Kelly...wonderful background paper and such a cute little bird. P.S. Your wonderful prize is now up for grabs over at Unstampabelles. Thanks again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh very cute!!!!! love what you have done and the colours are great! thanks for coming to play again!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute, love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Kelly, love that bird, love the colour scheme. FAB take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Kelly ..Sweet take on the sketch .Love that background paper .

    ReplyDelete